Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Back from Kansas

Just a short note to say I'm back from my trip to see Shane.  My train got in around 8:00 this morning, and I've had a nap, but I'm still wiped out.  I didn't sleep more than four hours on the train.  The rhythm would have lulled me right to sleep, I think, if only I had been able to find a comfortable position.

I'll be back tomorrow with details and some pictures of oddball things I saw on the way, but for now I'm just going to take it easy, catch up on a few blogs and emails and then take it easy some more.

I can't resist one photo before I go, though.  I've gained quite a bit of weight since Shane and I got married and haven't been able to wear my wedding ring for two or three years. That changed over the weekend when I got this...



Yeah, I think my husband was happy to see me.

7 comments:

Melynda@Scratch Made Food! said...

How wonderful! Enjoy every sparkle!

Dr. Alice said...

What a lovely gesture! And a pretty ring.

I'm with you on the not sleeping on trains. Years ago I took an overnight train from France to Berlin. We had sleeper berths and everything, but it was not conducive to getting shuteye. Too many stops and starts, and train whistles.

Unknown said...

Ooh what a lovely ring, he must really be missing you.

There just isn't anywhere far enough away here to be on a train long enough to sleep, Robert could sleep though. Half an hour in anything that he isn't driving and he can fall asleep:)

Sheila said...

That picture made me smile. That's a lovely ring. Isn't it nice to be missed? I hope you were able to get some rest. Take care.

McVal said...

Awe!!! How sweet! I'm glad you had such a nice trip.

Sonya Ann said...

That was the sweetest thing ever!!! Awwww, he loves you!

Annie Jones said...

Dr. Alice: Thanks, I like the ring a lot! As for the train, it was relatively sound proof, so the whistle wasn't a problem. The seats just didn't recline far enough for me to find a comfy sleeping position. Let me ride in a moving car, though, and I'll be out like a light!