Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Weekly Menu Retrospective - 4/10 to 4/16 and 4/17 to 4/24

I'm a menu planner, but when I've tried to post my weekly menus here in the past, they weren't accurate because I often change things at the last minute. On the other hand, I really like being able to look back to see what we've eaten, what we loved, what we disliked, and most of all being able to link to the recipes on my menus that have come from other blogs. That's why I prefer to post my weekly menus after the fact.


**********

I'm posting two weeks' worth of menus this time, one for the week before my trip out of town and one for the week after I came home. 

Sunday, April 10 - Hot Dogs on Buns, Potato Salad, Steamed Asparagus, Green Beans


Monday, April 11 - Same meal as Monday.


Tuesday, April 12 - Fried Egg Sandwiches on Toast, Potato Salad, Cooked Apples, Cottage Cheese, Lettuce Salad


Wednesday, April 13
- Homemade TV Dinners, Lettuce Salad, Carrots with Dip.

I pulled a couple of meals out of the freezer that I had previously frozen.  Kat had Tuna Noodle Casserole and I had Venison and Gravy with Mixed Vegetables.



Thursday, April 14
- Papa John's Pizza, Lettuce Salad, Asparagus

It was Papa John's Pizza night, when Kat's school would get a percentage of the sales.  We don't always participate, but I decided to this time so that I wouldn't have a lot of dishes to wash the night before my trip. 



Friday, April 15
- Road trip. I ate lunch at Braum's (I ♥ Braum's burgers, but hate that I have to travel to get to one).  For dinner I had a meal at Carlos O'Kelly's.  It's the only restaurant I know where you can have refried beans and mashed potatoes with your enchiladas. 


Saturday, April 16
- Road trip.  I had a free breakfast at the hotel, but skipped lunch because I spent too much time in one small town and by the time I was done there, it was really too late for lunch.  I had a nice steak dinner at Lone Star with Shane


Sunday, April 17 -
Road trip.  We had free breakfast at the hotel, then ate a hearty lunch of chicken-fried steak at a mom and pop place.  They were big plates, so we had enough to take back to the room with us to reheat for supper later that night.


Monday, April 18 - Road trip.  Again, we had a free breakfast at the hotel.  For lunch, we found another independently owned restaurant.  This one had a lunch buffet (chicken, Salsbury steak, liver and onions, veggies, salad, etc.).  This ended up being the best food we ate all weekend.  Late that evening we ate at Applebee's because it was adjacent to the hotel.  Applebee's is not my favorite place to eat, but I had their current appetizer combo that had some pork wonton tacos that were really tasty.


Tuesday, April 19 -
Chicken Tenders, Baked Potatoes

This was my first day back from the trip and I was wiped out.  I put some real meat chicken tenders (not the chopped and formed stuff) in the oven and microwaved a couple of potatoes and called it "good enough".  


Wednesday, April 20 - Pork Chops in Homemade Mushroom Gravy, Mashed Potatoes, Asparagus, Applesauce

Time for some home cooking again after all the restaurant meals. 
 


Thursday, April 21 -
Crunchy Beef Tacos with Lettuce, Sour Cream, Cheese and Salsa; Applesauce

I had a huge craving for tacos.  Kat ate four of them and I ate eight!


Friday, April 22 -
Out at Red Lobster.

Kat and I were out and about running errands and I thought we'd have a nice meal out.  She decided she'd like to try Red Lobster for the first time -- on Good Friday, no less.  It was packed with customers, of course.  And what does she do but order chicken!?  (I had stuffed tilapia with a creamy lobster sauce over it.  Yum!)


Saturday, April 23 -
More homemade TV dinners.

This time Kat had a pork chop with mashed potatoes and gravy and I had venison and gravy with mixed veggies.  We both had applesauce to go with it.  I was also going to have have asparagus, but I accidentally let it scorch while I was talking on the phone to Shane.  Oops.  Veggie abuse!

No comments: