Sunday, March 15, 2009

Weekly Menu - March 15 through 21

Although I love to cook, I don't always relish the idea of spending an hour or more in the kitchen every single afternoon or evening. For the past several years, I've been cooking our dinners in amounts large enough that we have enough leftovers for another night.

The last couple of months I've been trying to use up what we already had in our freezer and pantry. This resulted in a newly cooked meal almost every evening. Now that our kitchen stock has been used up or rotated fairly well, I'm looking forward to having two or three "nights off" each week.



Sunday 3/15 - Ranch House Crockpot Pork Chops with Parmesan Mashed Potatoes, Broiled Asparagus, Corn


Monday 3/16
- Steak,
Creamy Herbed Potatoes, Green Beans with Carrots and Mushrooms

Because of a change in plans last week, this meal didn't get made.


Tuesday 3/17
- Corned Beef,
Colcannon, Irish Soda Bread and a dessert yet to be determined


Wednesday 3/18
- Planned leftovers from Sunday's and Monday's meals



Thursday 3/19
-
Asian Grilled Salmon, Parmesan Potato Pancakes, Lettuce Salad


Friday 3/20
- Snack Night:
Cream Cheese, Sausage and Rotel Dip with Tortilla Chips, Chicken Salad Waffle Sandwiches, Fruit Salad

Same idea as in the link for the chicken sandwiches, but with my own chicken salad recipe.


Saturday 3/21
- Planned leftovers from Tuesday's, Thursday's and Friday's meals

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh your week sounds so good. I'll be having a go at the salmon and pork chops.

And I had some soda bread with little pieces of bacon and cheddar mixed through the dough this week and it was lovely, of course that means the poor family will have to put up with me throwing everything but the kitchen sink in there now.

Annie Jones said...

The pork chops are pretty good, but I'd either use an extra can of soup or only half a package of Ranch mix. I'll let you know how the salmon turns out.