Friday, September 21, 2007

Home Ec 101 Is Having A Contest

Heather and Ivy are having a contest over at Home Ec 101 in honor of National Mushroom Month. The contest runs through September 28 and the prize is a Home Ec 101 t-shirt!

Here's my entry. Mushrooms are not the main attraction, and I hold back on them because the rest of my family doesn't love them quite as much as I do. But if I had my choice, they would be the star of this dish! It's the side dish in this photo.



Sauteed Green Beans and Carrots with Mushrooms

3 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large carrot, peeled and julienned
5 medium button mushrooms, with stems, sliced -- or MORE!
1 pound whole fresh or frozen green beans (thawed if frozen)
1 teaspoon dry thyme leaves
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste

Heat butter and oil in large skillet. Add all ingredients and saute until carrots and green beans are tender-crisp and mushrooms begin to caramelize.

Serves 4 - 6.

1 comment:

Heather Solos said...

Thank you for entering and for the link.
Heather