Sunday, November 11, 2007

Weekly Menu - 11/11 thru 11/17

We had an unplanned night out last Friday night, causing me to move the fried chicken meal and it's leftovers to this week.

This week's menu might change, too; Shane hasn't decided if he wants to go out early for his birthday on the 14th to a local seafood place (all-you-can-eat crab legs on Wednesday nights), or if he wants to wait until his actual birthday next Sunday and go somewhere else.

Unless there are more changes, here's what the week looks like:

Sun: Fried Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans, Corn

Mon: Leftover Chicken in Gravy over Potato Pancakes, Green Beans, Corn

Tues: Potato Soup (with creamed corn), Cornbread, Salad

Wed: OUT FOR SHANE’S BIRTHDAY...maybe

Thurs: Ital. Sausage Subs with Peppers, Onions & Provolone Cheese, Seasoned Curly Fries, Salad, Jello

Fri: Homemade Mac & Cheese, Smoked Sausage, Cooked Spinach, Jello

Sat: Seasoned Shrimp on Rice, Mixed Greens, Tomato-Mozzarella Salad

2 comments:

Bob said...

I need to hear more about these italian sausage subs, please!

Annie Jones said...

Nobody: They're pretty easy. I like to use bulk Italian sausage, but if I use links, I like to remove them from the casings and chop them up. I fry the sausage first, drain it (and usually rinse it to remove more fat). I throw it back in the pan with diced onion and green pepper and cook all of that until the veggies are tender. Then I put in 2 or 3 slices of provolone cheese on top and stir it all as it melts. Put all of that on hoagie buns and top with anything else you want.

I like these because they are easier to eat, I think, than putting an entire sausage link on a bun and topping it with stringy onion and peppers. But I wouldn't pass one like that up, either. :)