Sunday, November 11, 2007

Amish Friendship Bread - AFB Waffles


This post is Part 3 in a series.

*****


Last time, I posted a yummy chocolate version of the Basic Amish Friendship Bread. This time, I thought I'd try my hand at waffles. I can't take credit for the recipe this time, however. It came from The Gourmet's Helper at Armchair World.


Amish Pancakes and Waffles

For Pancakes:

Combine in large bowl:

1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda

Combine in smaller bowl:


2 Tablespoons oil
2 cups Amish batter (the batter at the Day 10 stage)
1/2 cup milk (plus or minus 1/4 cup)
1 egg


Add ingredients of smaller bowl to ingredients of larger bowl and mix on medium speed. Spoon batter onto greased griddle.

For Waffles:

Prepare batter for pancakes except increase oil to 1/4 cup.



Annie's Notes:


This recipe made a baker's dozen of waffles that were crispy on the outside and light on the inside. On a scale of 1 to 5, I give them a 4.5. As an aside, if you make these to freeze for busy mornings, they do not freeze solid like most waffles do. Still, they taste just fine reheated in the toaster.

Next time, Cranberry-Lemon AFB Loaves.

3 comments:

Donna said...

Looks wonderful! If I hadn't just eaten breakfast, I'd be making waffles!!

Annie Jones said...

Donna: Do you like funnel cakes? I'm going to try making some with this batter in a few weeks.

Donna said...

OH YES.....I'd shove an elephant out of the way to get to one! haha