Thursday, October 18, 2007

I Failed...

Shane and I quit smoking cold turkey several years ago. Really, it wasn't that hard. It was definitely much easier than giving up cookbooks.

Today I bought a box of 84 of those little Betty Crocker and Pillsbury cook booklets for $5.

I need willpower. And professional help.

(At least I'm not alone.)

On the other hand, I did get rid of seven pairs of shoes I don't wear anymore. So I can call things even, right?


Edit -- maybe I should clarify. We quit cold turkey...we weren't smoking cold turkey.

4 comments:

Bluepaintred said...

this post made me giggle.

take it one day at a time

Annie Jones said...

Blue: Just 8 more hours and I can mark Day 1 off the calendar.

Dave Morris said...

I had my comment about smoking turkey practically written by the time I read your EDIT at the bottom. It was going to be something about being careful not to light the wrong end...

Violet is a cookbook FIEND. We have probably 12 or 13 cookbooks in the cupboard, everything from cooking light to holiday stuff, 30 minute meals, etc. Funny thing is, we eat out probably 4 nights a week.

So this past weekend, we stocked up at the grocery. We promised each other we are going to eat at home for 30 days in a row. I'm really looking forward to it! Also, it will help me lose a few pounds of this baby weight. ;)

Annie Jones said...

Dave: Well, the real problem was getting the rolling paper to fit all the way around it...