Friday, October 19, 2007

Decision Made

I finally found out today that I didn't get the corporate job. I'm actually glad.

I know I did well during my interviews and on the sample project they had me do, and I felt I had good rapport with the woman I would have worked for. I did my best and I feel confident I was one of the top candidates. I'm sure it sounds like I'm tooting my own horn, but I feel I did well enough that if someone else did better, then they definitely deserve the position. It sounded like a great job, and the part of me that likes a challenge wanted it, as well as the part of me that tends to bite off more than I can chew. But the part of me that wants flexibility, some time off built into my work schedule and minimal stress in a job didn't want it.

That was the only full-time, permanent job I was considering, and I was just waiting to hear something before I firmed up my other plan: to work at the IRS during the tax season and do temp work during the off-season. The temp work is already falling into place, and today I had my fingerprinting session and typing test at IRS. I'll have to go back one more time for an orientation and to select my shift, then it's just a matter of waiting until they call me in for duty. Typically, it's usually in January, but could be as early as December or as late as February.

One less thing for me to think about this weekend. Hope you all have a great weekend, too!

3 comments:

Tug said...

You're getting some awesome temp jobs - hopefully that will keep up for you!

DadGuy said...

Congratulations! It sounds like that's the answer you wanted. =)

Annie Jones said...

Tug: I'm hoping so, too. I think I will contact another temp agency as well to see if I can get a few more.

Dadguy: Thanks. It was. :)