Sunday, May 15, 2011

Weekly Menu Retrospective - 5/8 to 5/14

I'm a menu planner, but when I've tried to post my weekly menus here in the past, they weren't accurate because I often change things at the last minute. On the other hand, I really like being able to look back to see what we've eaten, what we loved, what we disliked, and most of all being able to link to the recipes on my menus that have come from other blogs. That's why I prefer to post my weekly menus after the fact.


**********


Sunday, May 8 - Polska Kielbasa, Mac and Cheese, Green Beans, Salad, Strawberries

I tried the new Kraft Homestyle Mac and Cheese in the blue pouch.  I had a coupon that made it 49 cents.  In my opinion, which will only cost you 2 cents, it's not nearly as good as homemade, but WAY better than the blue box stuff.  I'm not sure, though, that's I'd buy it at full price.



Monday, May 9
- Stuffed Turkey Meatloaf, Baked Brown Rice, Homemade Rolls, Sliced Strawberries

This turned out to be a really good meatloaf.



Tuesday, May 10
- Grilled Cheeseburgers on Homemade Buns, Tater Tots, Fresh Strawberry Smoothies

I made my burger as a copycat of a Big Mac ("special sauce", etc.), but Kat didn't want that many toppings.  Our smoothies were just sliced strawberries, a little honey, a little milk and lots of ice cubes blended up until smooth.



Wednesday, May 11
- Leftovers from Monday.

We had leftovers of the stuffed meatloaf meal, except we had lettuce salad instead of sliced berries.



Thursday, May 12
- Leftovers from Tuesday.

We had leftovers of the burger meal, except we had onion rings instead of tater tots, and no smoothies
.


Friday, May 13
- Barbecue Country-Style Pork Ribs, Macaroni Salad, Lettuce Salad, Asparagus, Green Beans, Rolls

This was Shane's homecoming meal.  He was so tired of eating restaurant food that I probably could have made anything and he would have been happy.



Saturday, May 14
- Leftovers from Friday

There were plenty of leftovers for us to enjoy Friday's meal again.

No comments: