Monday, February 28, 2011

Weekly Menu Retrospective - 2/20 to 2/26

I'm a menu planner, but when I've tried to post my weekly menus here in the past, they weren't accurate because I often change things at the last minute. On the other hand, I really like being able to look back to see what we've eaten, what we loved, what we disliked, and most of all being able to link to the recipes on my menus that have come from other blogs. That's why I prefer to post my weekly menus after the fact.

**********

 
Nothing too exciting on the menu last week.  We had several meals from leftovers.

Sunday, February 20
- Snacks and fruit for supper.

This was that day that neither of felt well after going out for lunch.  When Kat got home from her mom's, we each just scrounged some snacks and fruit for supper.


Monday, February 21
- Leftovers from the previous week.

We had a few leftovers in fridge that really needed to be eaten, so I pulled those out, added a salad and some corn, and called it good.



Tuesday, February 22 - Homemade Pizza, salad, corn, steamed broccoli.

I made a couple of homemade pizzas, using the last of the tomatoes we had frozen from our garden last summer for the sauce.  One pizza was topped with just cheese.  The other also had a mix of sausage, onion, red and green peppers and mushrooms.


Wednesday, February 23 - Leftover Pizza, Salad, Applesauce, Corn, Creamy Broccoli Bake

There were leftovers in the fridge again, so I didn't see any reason to cook a new meal.  The broccoli bake was new, but it was made from leftover cheese sauce, pasta sauce and a tiny bit of salsa.



Thursday, February 24
- Ham, Egg and Cheese Scramble, Fried Potatoes, Bacon, Grapes, Zucchini Bread

I was on a mission to use up some odds and ends:  a chunk of ham, a 1/2 lb. of bacon, the last of the potatoes we had on hand, and one of several packages of shredded zucchini in the freezer.



Friday, February 25 - Supper out with Shane's mom and step-dad.

We met the in-laws at a local barbecue restaurant for dinner.  Shane had ribs, I had a sandwich that was basically made from bits and pieces of all the meats they serve there (yum!) and Kat had a catfish (Katfish?) basket.  She loves fish!


Saturday, February 26 - Leftovers and Mixed Bean Soup.

We had been away from home since very early in the morning to see my parents and have a big breakfast with them, and got back home around 2:00.   When we got hungry again, I pulled out leftovers from the barbecue restaurant from the night before, and some mixed bean soup I'd made a couple of days earlier specifically for this meal.

No comments: