Sunday, February 20, 2011

Weekly Menu Retrospective - 2/13 to 2/19

I'm a menu planner, but when I've tried to post my weekly menus here in the past, they weren't accurate because I often change things at the last minute. On the other hand, I really like being able to look back to see what we've eaten, what we loved, what we disliked, and most of all being able to link to the recipes on my menus that have come from other blogs. That's why I prefer to post my weekly menus after the fact.

**********


Sunday, February 13
- Pizza, cottage cheese

I just couldn't muster the want-to to cook, so I went to Aldi to see what would be quick and easy.  I came away with one of their 16-inch take-and-bake cheese pizzas.  I topped half it with some ham and pepperoni from Shane's lunch stash and some pepper and onion mix I had already chopped and frozen.  Kat's half was ham only.


Monday, February 14
- Onion and Pepper Pasta (meatless), Green Beans, Steamed Cauliflower with Butter, Garlic Toast

Kat's no fan of bell peppers, so she had leftover pizza from Sunday.



Tuesday, February 15 - Spaghetti with Meat Sauce (HM sauce), Cauliflower with Polonaise Topping, Corn, Applesauce

The sauce for the pasta was made with some of our homegrown tomatoes from last year that I froze.  The cauliflower recipe from The Cookbook Junkie was very good, although I don't like tarragon and didn't have chives.  I used thyme and rosemary.  Even Kat liked it.


Wednesday, February 16 - Venison Pot Roast, Mashed Potatoes, Steamed Carrots with Caramel Glaze, Green Beans, Bread and Butter

This was the first of our venison that I cooked as a pot roast.  We were all happy with the results.




Thursday, February 17
- Tuna Salad Sandwiches on Toast, Potato Chips, Fresh Pineapple

Shane was working out of town again, and Kat loves tuna, so I decided to make her happy with an easy sandwich supper.




Friday, February 18 -Roast Venison Casserole, Bread and Butter


I used the leftovers (roast venison, cooked carrots and mashed potatoes) to make a red meat version of the Chicken and Dumpling Bake I make so often.  It turned out quite well.

Saturday, February 19 - Taco Bell/Leftovers

I had been out all day going to thrift stores and stopped for a quick Taco Bell supper before coming home.  Shane had been working out of town; he and his boss didn't stop to eat on the way home, so he ate some leftovers.  Kat was at her mom's this weekend, so she ate there.

No comments: