Sunday, October 17, 2010

Weekly Menu Retrospective - 10/10 to 10/16

I'm a menu planner, but when I've tried to post my weekly menus here in the past, they weren't accurate because I often change things at the last minute. On the other hand, I really like being able to look back to see what we've eaten, what we loved, what we disliked, and most of all being able to link to the recipes on my menus that have come from other blogs. That's why I prefer to post my weekly menus after the fact.


Sunday, October 10 - Carbonnade of Beef, Steamed Potatoes, Green Beans, Sauteed Cabbage, Homemade Bread with Butter.

The beef recipe is a lot like my Beef Tips recipe with the addition of bacon and beer.  It is best over noodles, but I chose to serve it over potatoes instead.

Monday, October 11 - Ginger Honey Barbecued Pork Tenderloin, Pan-Fried Potatoes, Green Beans, Dinner Rolls.  Baking:  Lemon Meringue Pie.

This was another great tenderloin recipe with a slightly sweet sauce.  I liked it better than last week's peach glaze, I think.  I think this was my first time making lemon meringue pie; it was very good.  Reviews of the recipe said some people had problem with the pie not setting up.  When I made it, it set up soft, but still firm enough to slice, which is all that matters, I think.

Tuesday, October 12 - Leftovers of Monday's meal.

I hadn't planned on leftovers for this meal, but after a day of errands and a doctor's appointment, it was the easiest option.  There weren't any potatoes left, so I made a box of mac and cheese.

Wednesday, October 13 - Out to eat at A&W inside CoCo Key water park.

Since there was no school the next day, we treated Kat to an evening at CoCo Key indoor water park (twilight pricing from 4 to 9 p.m. is just $5 per person). Shane met us there directly after work; because we were there over the dinner hour, and couldn't bring in our own food, we ate there. Unfortunately, Shane and I had what were probably the worst burgers we've had in a very long time. :(  But we'd worked up an appetite, so we ate them with only a few complaints.  Kat had chicken strips and they were actually pretty good.

Thursday, October 14 - Papa John's pizza, lettuce salad.

This was a school fundraiser where Kat's school gets part of the proceeds from Papa John's orders from parents and friends of the school.  We would normally not have two meals out in the same week, but that's just the way it happened this time.

Friday, October 15 - Turkey Burgers, Best Baked Beans, French Fries, Onion Rings

Fun Friday night meal.

Saturday, October 16 - A variety of snacks and appetizers at our friends Trish's and John's.

Kat went to a hayride and cookout with her step-grandparents and spent the night there. Shane and I headed out to our friends' house again.  Our "meal" was a variety of appetizers and snacks.  I took a recipe similar to this one for Texas Caviar.  My contribution was a variation of Black Bean and Corn Salsa (just do a Google search and pick the recipe you like best)...and a bag of chips.

No comments: