Good things that happened yesterday:
- Shane was rained out at work (not good), but on his way home he stopped at a grocery store and brought home 12 pounds of marked-down beef, some of it as low as $1.45/lb. (The total was $21 for all of it.) There was a roast, some steaks, and some stew meat, all of which I repacked into smaller amounts that are right for our family. We can get at least a dozen meals out of it, depending on how I prepare it.
- He also bought 6 pounds of frozen corn at 49¢ a pound.
- We put out our Fall decorations. I think I get more enjoyment from decorating for Fall than I do any other time of year, including Christmas. That's mostly because Fall is my favorite season. Also, since I steer clear of anything that is specifically for Halloween or Thanksgiving, going instead for decor that depicts leaves, harvests, pumpkins, etc., our fall decorations are suitable for the entire Autumn season.
- I made my first (I think) lemon meringue pie. Shane has declared it his "new most favorite of all time" dessert. While I wouldn't go that far, I do agree it was good.
- Our lousy neighbors finally whacked down the jungle that was their backyard, in wet waist-high weeds, at the 11th hour just before a warrant was to be served by the city (according to our city councilman). Shane, unfortunately, is still not happy, because he suspects (as we have suspected all along) that someone on the city payroll is tipping her off, and he doesn't think it's right that she lets her yard go all summer, yet gets out of paying fines for it. I see his point, but I've been encouraging him to just let it go, because what we wanted was for the yard to be
whackedmowed, and now it's done. Sorry, no pictures to prove it. It's raining again this morning and it's just not worth it to me to step outside to shoot a pic of their still-ugly yard...LOL!