Friday, July 24, 2009

A Little R & R

We'll be leaving later this afternoon for our fourth camping weekend of the season. It's been a hectic, so I'm looking forward to some downtime.

I've mentioned before that every camping trip is different in terms of food. This one is no exception. I've never done this before, but this trip, I'm just going to wing it when it comes to food. I've been far too busy this week to give much thought to meal plans for the weekend.

When we grilled some steaks last weekend, we threw some hot dogs and bratwursts on the grill, too. I froze those specifically to have tonight. We'll be getting to camp a little later in the evening, so I'll just wrap the already-cooked meats in foil and set them on our tabletop gas grill to heat them. I'll serve them on buns, along with some chips and fruit and call it supper.

We're camping just half an hour from my parents' house, and they've invited us to have breakfast at their house on tomorrow morning.

Beyond that, I have no food plans. Our camp is just minutes away from a town with an Aldi store, a Wal-Mart, and another grocery store, so we'll just stop in there and pick up what we want for tomorrow's lunch and supper. We'll probably pick up some kind of rolls or donuts for Sunday's breakfast as well.

Being a foodie, I've always focused my attention on the food when we've gone camping. More and more often, though, I'm finding myself focusing on just relaxing when we camp. And you know, that's not a bad thing at all.

3 comments:

Frances said...

I think it is great that you are taking a break from the food planning. Sometimes, it is so relaxing to just wing it.

Enjoy your trip!

Unknown said...

Definitely! Just you relax and take it easy for a change on your trip:)

Anonymous said...

I think its great that you were just winging it! It's nice to get a break.