Thursday, April 2, 2009

Two Meals from One - Fajita Soup


Last Friday I made some wonderful steak and shrimp fajitas for my family. Once I'd finished cooking the beef and shrimp in the fajita marinade and moving it to the serving platter, I saw that I had about a cup of very flavorful broth in the bottom of the pan.

Not one to waste all that flavor, I turned it into a nice fajita soup by adding this and that from the pantry and freezer.


Annie's Fajita Soup

1 cup fajita flavored broth (leftover from cooking marinated beef and shrimp in a large skillet)
3 cups water
1 cup cooked beans (pinto or red)
1 cup frozen kernel corn
1 cup cooked ground beef (or as much as you like)
1/2 cup salsa (or to taste)

Combine all ingredients and cook until heated through. If you like, you can cut flour tortillas into thin strips and stir into simmering soup to make noodles. Or add corn chips, then top with cheese, sour cream or guacamole.

Makes 1 quart of soup.

No comments: