Sunday, February 1, 2009

Weekly Menu - February 1 through 7

I'm happy to say that by working in the food we already had in our pantry and freezers, we came in under budget on groceries for January, spending $211 of the $240 budgeted for the month. (That amount includes $43 for stock-up purchases of 6 pounds of frozen shrimp, 8 jars of Skippy peanut butter and 5 pounds of shredded cheddar cheese, all to be used in future weeks/months.)

I plan to continue using up our stores through most of February, but I don't expect to stay as far under budget; we still have lots of meat in the freezer, but we are now running low on vegetables.)


Sunday 2/1 - Ham and Beans, Corn Muffins, Salad, Potatoes (either fried or potato pancakes)

I've been craving ham and beans since my sister told me she had a pot of them on the stove a week ago. That Lisa had them on her menu last week only added to the craving, so they are first on my list this week.

Monday 2/2 - Mexican Pork on Flour Tortillas, Hominy, Refried Beans, Taco Toppings

We loved the Cafe Rio Chicken Burrito recipe, so I've decided to try the recipe again, this time with pork butt instead of chicken.

Tuesday 2/3 - Pasta Casserole, Salad, Garlic Breadsticks, Cottage Cheese

There is no recipe for this casserole. I have lots of leftover homemade mac & cheese from last week; I'll add pasta sauce, a bit of Italian sausage and some Parmesan and Mozzarella cheeses, then heat it all in the oven.

Wednesday 2/4 - Ham & Cheese Stuffed Bread, Green Beans, Peaches

Stuffed bread is a frequent item on my friend Janelle's menus, so I thought I'd give it a try!

Thursday 2/5 - Meatball Stew, Homemade Rolls, Applesauce

Friday 2/6 - Mystery-shopped Pizza, Cottage Cheese, Carrot Sticks

Saturday 2/7 - Clean Out The Refrigerator Night

1 comment:

Janelle said...

Let me know how that stuffed bread comes out!! Hopefully I'll be back online, at least in limited capacity, by Saturday. Or you can call me at St. Luke's...lol My kids just love stuffed bread, so I hope your family likes it, too!!