We worked in our kitchen because that's where we have the most floor space. Unlike fleece, this fabric is pretty slippery, especially when layered. To take some of the slip out, Shane and I sprayed the reverse side of one piece of fabric with a fabric adhesive. We used Hang Tite, which is actually a construction adhesive suitable for fabric and something we already had on hand, but there are many other brands to choose from at the craft stores. A light coating keeps the fabric from slipping, but does not bond the layers of fabric together. It also comes out in the wash.
After layering the fabric, matching the selvaged edges, we had uneven edges on the other three sides.
Shane couldn't find his Sheetrock square, so we squared the fabric using two yard sticks, a tape measure and some basic high school geometry.
Once squared, we decided on 5" long fringes, so we cut 5" squares out of each corner. Shane then cut the fringes while I followed behind tying them. We started out with 1" wide fringes, but they were too thick for me to tie, so we cut them in half. The 1/2" fringes worked much better.
And here's the finished reversible blanket. The pink matches her bedroom furniture and the lavender matches her new bathrobe. I think she'll be very happy with her new blanket on Christmas morning.