Have you ever seen one of these?
It's a round Tupperware Forget-Me-Not container. Apparently, there is a square one, too. I don't even remember where I got mine -- it was either given to me or, more likely, I picked it up at a garage sale. But I checked, and Tupperware still makes them. Here's what they have to say about theirs:
- Round container provides superior fridge storage for half an onion, tomato, orange or other round, partially used fruit or vegetable.
- Square container stores approximately 20-24 slices of individually wrapped cheese slices.
- Each hangs from fridge shelf.
- Hinged, one-piece design means no seal to store or lose.
- Large tab makes opening and closing the seal a snap.
- It keeps a cut onion fresh in your fridge for a week or so with absolutely no onion odor or flavor transferring to other foods.