Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Weekly Menu - 6/8 thru 6/14

I'm a couple of days late with the menu again. That's how it's been going around here for a week or so.

First, the camping menu I didn't have time to post last week. Truthfully, I didn't have an idea what I'd be making until a few hours before we left Friday afternoon. I kept it simple this time:

Friday Evening: Burgers, Potato Salad (store-bought), Chips and Dip

Saturday Morning: Bacon and Tomato Sandwiches, Cereal for Kat (who won't eat tomatoes)

Saturday Late Afternoon: Leftover Burgers (reheated in a skillet), Potato Salad, Chips and Dip, Grapes, Cookies

Saturday Evening: I started to cook kabobs, but we decided we weren't very hungry since we'd had a late lunch. Switched gears and just snacked on chips, dip, grapes, cookies and the potatoes I already had on the fire before we decided not to cook a meal.

Sunday Morning: Scrambled Eggs, Toast, Cereal

Sunday Noon: Needed to stop by my parents' house again, so we ate with them.


And now for this week's dinners:

Sunday: "Shish-ka-bowl".


This invention came about by throwing all of the ingredients I was going to use for kabobs the night before into a large pot and cooking like a stir-fry. I used chunks of smoked sausage, onion, green pepper, shiitake mushrooms, tomato and pineapple. Instead of barbecue sauce, I decided on Ken's Steakhouse Peppercorn Ranch dressing on mine. Yummy!

Monday: Out at Chinese buffet.

Tuesday: Marinated Grilled Chicken Breasts, Cheesy Turnips and Carrots, Southern-style Greens (radish greens this time), Garden Salad, Grapes and Apples

Wednesday: Marinated Grilled Chicken Breasts, Cheesy Turnips and Carrots, Steamed Broccoli, Garden Salad, Pasta Salad

Thursday: Penne with Italian Sausage, Spinach and Olives, Garlic Toast, Salad, Peas, Rhubarb Dessert (to be determined)

Friday: Hamburger Steaks with Beef Gravy, Roasted Potatoes, Peas, Garden Salad, Rhubarb Dessert

Saturday: Penne with Italian Sausage, Spinach and Olives, Garlic Toast, Salad, Sauteed Kale

3 comments:

Donna said...

Geez, I'm so hungry for onions and bell pepper..Looks good!!!hughugs

Dannalie said...

Everything sounds so yummy! Glad you had a chance to get a way for a weekend. Sometimes that's just what you need for a recharge!

Violet said...

So now that we have Grayson and I'm home during the days, I'm totally making a menu for us. We've been pretty good about following it, too. Much less food goes to waste, plus we're saving money by not eating out. A big part of it is out of necessity; with the baby, running to the grocery store at the last minute or going to a restaurant to eat just isn't feasible. Anyway, I think of you each week I create the menu.