Sunday, April 6, 2008

Tropical Drink

One of the lady on a forum I frequent posted a recipe for a Tropical Margarita. But you know me...I can't seem to follow a recipe without making some changes. That's usually because I don't have an ingredient on hand and do have something else that might work just as well. Here's my version of the drink. I don't have a name for it. Maybe "Tropical Rumarita"? Whatever...it's good, but not terribly strong. I'm thinking it could use a little more tequila. Just for flavor...

48 oz. pineapple juice (I used reconstituted from frozen)
1/2 cup tequila
1/4 cup Malibu Rum Tropical Banana flavor
1/4 cup fresh, unsweetened lime juice

Mix well; serve on the rocks.

Makes 6 servings.


And here's the original recipe, which my friend says is a Paula Deen recipe. It could be, but I wasn't able to find it online anywhere.

Tropical Margarita

46 oz. pineapple juice
1/2 cup tequila
1/4 cup triple sec
1/4 cup banana liqueur

Mix well; serve on the rocks.

Makes 6 servings.

2 comments:

Donna said...

This sounds wonderful! I think I'll try this while we're on vacation!! Have a wonderful week sweetie!!hughugs

Annie Jones said...

Let me know how you like it, or if you make improvements!