Friday, December 14, 2007

Super Easy Pineapple Cream Cheese Pie


My best friend sent this recipe to me a couple of months ago and I finally got around to making it. It's quick to put together and turns out nice and fluffy. Shane, who doesn't like typical dense cheesecake, thought it was great. It reminds me of a much more complicated recipe I've been making since high school. It's so similar, and so much easier, that I may never make that other recipe again.

Super Easy Pineapple Cream Cheese Pie

1 8-oz. block cream cheese, softened
1 large can crushed pineapple (do not drain)
1 large box instant vanilla pudding mix*
1 small tub frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 pre-made graham cracker crust**

In mixer bowl, mix softened cream cheese and pudding mix until smooth. Mix in pineapple, then gently mix in whipped topping.

Spoon into graham crust. Chill until set enough to cut, approx. 2 hours.

Makes one 8" or 9" pie.


* I used a small box of pudding mix with good results.

** I didn't have pre-made graham crust, but I did have graham crackers. Combine 1-1/4 cups fine graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar and 1/3 cup melted butter. Press firmly on bottom and sides of 8" or 9" pie pan. Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes, then let cool completely before filling.


*****

A Little Thing To Save Money: In the winter months, we use a dryer heat saver (electric dryers only) to divert the warm air that would normal go outside back into the house. In the summer, we flip it so that warm air goes outside. Or we use our clotheslines.

A Little Thing To Simplify Our Lives: I have a few cookbooks that I refer to when writing out my meal plans. Instead of writing the name of each, I've numbered each one with a small label on the spine. That way I can identify them using just a digit or two.

1 comment:

Donna said...

Wonderful looking pie and more great ideas!! I'll try both!! Have a warm night!!!