In one of my first posts, I explained our financial situation, our goals and why I felt "going public" with it would help us stay on track and reach our goals sooner. So far, it's working.
In less than two months' time, we've reached several of our smaller goals:
- paid back $600 in cash that Shane's father had loaned us
- paid our property taxes on our vehicles without going further into debt
- paid our property taxes on our home without going further into debt
- bought everything we need for Christmas (except groceries, which we'll buy later) without going further into debt
- paid at least a little extra on our credit card debt each of the last three payments
Making sure we had the taxes covered was the biggest obstacle. Now that those are paid, here are our next couple of small goals.
- buy a set of new tires for Shane's truck (without using the credit card, of course)
- get our credit card balance completely paid off
I'll update again when we reach those goals.