Thursday, August 18, 2011

Yet Another Update

The bank officer just contacted me and said that, after closer examination of our receipt, she believes that the gift card was never actually redeemed.  That would explain why there were two debit transactions, but still doesn't explain why they posted an hour apart.

The gift card probably still has $100 on it.  Shane threw it in the trash in the camper, and that trash was eventually thrown into the campground dumpster.  The card is probably long gone, but I hope some lucky person did find it and was curious enough to find it if it had any funds on it. 

Meanwhile, the bank will still credit us the $100 and will still try to get their money back from Wal-Mart.  I'm not certain whether the bank still needs Shane's signature, but I'm going to mail the form to him just in case.

Unless something major changes, I consider this issue resolved and won't be updating further.  But I will advise this:  Hang on to those spent gift cards for a week or so, even if you think you've emptied them!  They may not be empty at all!

3 comments:

Mark said...

Wait! I was just here yesterday and now you've updated three times? In one day? Give me a chance why don't ya! I would have stretched this story out for at least a week.
Congrats on getting your money refunded. That's a relief!
Okay, now I'm off to search through dumpsters. You never know, right?
m.

Sonya Ann said...

I'm with Mark-where do we start dumpster diving at?
That sucks but it is really got advise.
Have a great weekend.

McVal said...

Good advise! Will do that from now on.