Friday, July 29, 2011

Flashback Friday - Chicken Breasts Diane

Welcome to Flashback Fridays.  Every now and then -- on a Friday, obviously -- I'll re-post something I wrote way back when.

This post is from January 28, 2008.  The chicken recipe I posted Monday reminded me of this one, which I liked much better.


**********



I've been carrying this recipe around in my card file for years, and I have no idea where I originally found it. But had I known it was going to be this delicious, I would have tried it a long time ago.

Although there are several ingredients, it goes together quickly and easily. I served the chicken on a bed of noodles and drizzled the extra sauce over the top.


Chicken Breasts Diane

4 large boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1/2 - 1 teaspoon salt
1/2 - 1 teaspoon pepper
3 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
3 Tablespoons butter, divided
3 Tablespoons chopped green onion
Juice of half a lime (or lemon)
4 ounces (4 Tablespoons) brandy (could use apple juice)
3 Tablespoons chopped parsley
1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard (I used just a tad more)
1/2 cup chicken broth

Cut each chicken breast half in half, making 8 pieces total. Pound chicken between sheets of waxed paper or plastic wrap until even thickness, about 3/8" thick. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper on both sides.

Heat 1 Tablespoon each of olive oil and butter in large skillet. Cook 4 chicken pieces over high heat for four minutes on each side. Do not cook longer. Transfer to a warm serving platter. Add another 1 Tablespoon each of olive oil and butter to skillet, then cook the remaining 4 pieces of chicken.

Add green onion, lime juice, brandy, parsley and mustard to pan. Cook for 15-30 seconds, whisking constantly. Whisk in chicken broth until sauce is smooth. Whisk in remaining 1 Tablespoon each of olive oil and butter. Pour sauce over chicken and serve immediately.

Makes 6-8 servings.

2 comments:

Sheila said...

Gosh that sure does sound good. We love chicken here but it gets old cooking it the same old way each time. Looking forward to making this soon. Thanks for having a "flashback"!! Have a great weekend. Take care.

Frances said...

It sounds delicious!