Friday, May 27, 2011

Which End Is Up?

I can't tell anymore.  The past couple of weeks have been a whirlwind around here, to say the least.  I have "little behind syndrome".  I'm a little behind on the laundry, a little behind on the gardening, a little behind on the bill paying, the house cleaning, the grocery shopping...you get the picture.  Our normal is still pretty fast-paced compared to some families; the pace we've been keeping lately is just wearing me out!

Shane is leaving to return to Garden City, KS, on either May 31st or June 5.  We hope it's not until the 5th, but he can't seem to get a confirmed answer yet.  I'm looking forward to him leaving this time.  Why??  Well, because the next time he comes home, it should be because that job is done and then things can return to "normal" around here.

Our three-day weekend will offer little reprieve.  We'll be visiting Shane's mom and step-dad, visiting my parents, hosting Shane's dad and step-mom, helping my daughter and husband put up some screens, and if the weather allows, taking Kat on a trail ride.  It will be a busy weekend, but at least it won't involve moving furniture or ripping up carpeting -- I hope.

Here's wishing you a happy and safe Memorial Weekend.

8 comments:

Mark said...

And here's hoping that you get caught up on all of that work. It sounds like a lot!
Take care! m.

Jill said...

I know the feeling! Some days I just feel I can't get ahead! LOL
Sounds like you have another busy weekend! Enjoy...I hope it's wonderful!

Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog :-)

Blessings,
Jill

Sonya Ann said...

Dear God, don't forget to schedule in time to breathe!

McVal said...

Heck - I'm the "lotta behind" in just about everything...
I'm sorry your hubs has to leave so soon! But hey! He's just making you do projects while he's home, so you kind of need a break anyway... right? :)

Sarndra said...

I'm the same at the moment, a little behind on everything. I'm 35 weeks pregnant and just don't seem to have enough energy to do much, but am keen to get on top of everything before our little boy arrives.
U asked about my Aldi token (thanks for visiting my blog!! :-))
Well its the same size as our Aussie $2 coin, about 22mm diameter (about 3/4 of an inch?). Maybe you could ask at your Aldi shop if they could order the tokens in? We bought the keyring token from our Aldi here. It's much easier having the token on my keyring than to make sure I have a gold coin that day.
Love your blog! Just having a quick look now, will be back
Xx Sarndra

slugmama said...

Well I've always known you had a little behind. ;-)

Tug said...

Hope you had a great weekend with a little time to relax at least.

Unknown said...

I hope you get all caught up and back to normal.

I think being a bit behind might actually be normal for me:)