Sunday, May 8, 2011

Weekly Menu Retrospective - 5/1 to 5/7

I'm a menu planner, but when I've tried to post my weekly menus here in the past, they weren't accurate because I often change things at the last minute. On the other hand, I really like being able to look back to see what we've eaten, what we loved, what we disliked, and most of all being able to link to the recipes on my menus that have come from other blogs. That's why I prefer to post my weekly menus after the fact.


**********


Sunday, May 1 - Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, Chips, Grapes

Kat and I ate a very large breakfast late in the morning, skipped lunch and had this light and easy supper.


Monday, May 2 - Roast Beef, Gravy, Mashed Potatoes, Salad, Asparagus Medley (with Radish slices and Radish Greens), Pickled Eggs

I apologized to Shane for missing what might have been the best roast I've made yet.  I didn't think I did anything differently, it just turned out better for some reason. 

Tuesday, May 3 - Chicken and Dumpling Bake, Salad, Green Beans, Picked Eggs


Wednesday, May 4
- Supper at Jean's

Kat and I drove to Shane's boss' house to pick up some ferns she wanted to share from her garden.  On the way home, we stopped at my daughter, Jean's house.  She fixed supper for us:  a vegan Mexican casserole and a vegan apple coffee cake.  Both were very good!


Thursday, May 5
- Leftovers from Tuesday.

I had planned on enchiladas or tacquitos to celebrate Cinco de Mayo, but since we had Mexican the night before, I decided it was a better idea to just eat some of our leftovers.


Friday, May 6
- Hot Roast Beef Sandwich, Salad*, Radish Greens, Strawberries and Grapes

I used Monday's leftovers to make a cafe favorite - open-faced hot roast beef sandwiches.  The salad was our first of the year grown entirely in our garden:  romaine and leaf lettuces, radish slices, green onion bits, and just a bit of spinac
h, all with homemade Thousand Island Dressing.  The dressing even included some of last years home-canned pickle relish.

Saturday, May 7
- Chicken and Rice Burrito, Chips

Kat, Jean and I were out all day and ate a big lunch at a Chinese Buffet.  When I got home (alone, since Kat stayed with her mom), all I wanted was a quick snack, so I warmed the last chicken burrito I had frozen from last week.

No comments: