Sunday, May 1, 2011

Weekly Menu Retrospective - 4/24 to 4/30

I'm a menu planner, but when I've tried to post my weekly menus here in the past, they weren't accurate because I often change things at the last minute. On the other hand, I really like being able to look back to see what we've eaten, what we loved, what we disliked, and most of all being able to link to the recipes on my menus that have come from other blogs. That's why I prefer to post my weekly menus after the fact.


**********

I did better this week with cooking meals instead of just throwing this and that together the way I have been lately.  The leftovers at the end of the week were very much intentional.


Sunday, April 24 - Huge Salad with Lettuce, Carrots, Olives, Onions, Dried Cranberries, Fried Shrimp and Ranch Dressing

This was Easter Sunday, but Shane was gone and Kat was off with other family members, so I fixed this big bowl of rabbit food (well, except for the shrimp).  It definitely hit the spot.


Monday, April 25 - Venison Tips in Gravy over Pasta, Lettuce Salad, Asparagus, Applesauce


Tuesday, April 26 - Skillet Lasagna, Garlic Toast, Lettuce Salad, Asparagus


Wednesday, April 27
- Baked Chicken Chimichangas, Lettuce Salad, Corn, Asparagus with Carrots

I found three carrots at the edge of the garden.  I think they were volunteer for this year, instead of missed ones from last year, because they were small and tender.  I cut them into thin strips and cooked them with some asparagus.


Thursday, April 28
- Same as Monday, except with corn instead of asparagus or applesauce


Friday, April 29
- Same as Tuesday, except with beet greens instead of asparagus


Saturday, April 30
- Same as Wednesday, except with seedless grapes as our only side dish

No comments: