Tuesday, April 26, 2011

More Observations Since My Man's Been Away

A few weeks ago, I told you about observations I've made since Shane's been gone.  Here are a few more:

  • I don't enjoy cooking as much when he's gone, and I tend to cook meals that are catered more to Kat than to myself.  I'm not sure why this is.  We still have to eat, we never mind eating leftovers, and I don't cater to Kat's tastes when Shane's home.  So why am I cooking less and different food, instead of the same food less often, is a mystery to me. 

  • I enjoy mowing, but I hate weed eating.  Ok, that's not a discovery, but it is a reminder.  I've never met a weed eater that didn't give me fits, and I'm seriously thinking about hiring out that part of our lawn care.  Oh, you know I won't, but I can dream, can't I?

  • Skyping is much better for us than phoning.  Our convos are definitely of better quality than they were over the phone, and he and Kat love being able to see each other!  He even Skyped with each of our three cats for a minute or two.  The cats aren't nearly as impressed with it as we are.

  • Kat's a little better behaved when it's just me around.  Actually, she's better behaved when it's just me or just Shane around.  It's when we're both home that she gets a little wild.  We've suspected this for a long time, but his extended absence has more or less proven it to us.  I wonder why.  Do you think it's a jealousy issue?  A consistency issue?

  • We have a king size bed, and making it in the morning takes about 3.68 seconds while he's gone. I just have to pull up the bedding on my side, smooth it a little, and I'm done. I essentially pass out until morning when he's gone.  When he's home, we both seem to toss and turn through the night and the bed usually has to be completely remade each morning.   I'll admit it.  I really like this part of him being gone.

6 comments:

McVal said...

I hate the weed eating part too...
I'm thinking your cooking habits toward catering to Kat is probably because it's just easier to make something she'll enjoy. When Robb is out of town, we have as much Mac & Cheese and fish sticks as we can, mainly because he doesn't like them... and the kids like them so we go hog wild..

Mark said...

The kids are much easier to handle when Fred is not there and vice-versa. It's because they "play" us against each other. That's it!
Take care, m.

Jill said...

That is true...my kids are more well behaved when my husband is out of town.hmmmmm. As for sleeping I don't sleep well when he's gone :-(
Have a great evening!!

Sonya Ann said...

I hate all yard work. Yuck, our weeds bring in friends just to tick me off.
Den has never been away for more than a week so I'm not sure how it would feel. But I bet DJ would be worse. He never fights Den but me well, it gets ugly once in a while.
Have a great rest of the week!

Lisa B. said...

I hated all weed eaters until I bought the black and decker rechargeable one last year. OMG! I love it! Here it is: http://easyfrugalliving.blogspot.com/2010/06/product-review-power-tools-for.html

Frances said...

Since Bob does most of our cooking, I am really bad when he is gone. I will come home from work and eat a sandwich and be happy. It drives him crazy as he thinks I need a meal. LOL! Hey, a sandwich is a meal, right?