A few weeks ago, I told you about observations I've made since Shane's been gone. Here are a few more:
- I don't enjoy cooking as much when he's gone, and I tend to cook meals that are catered more to Kat than to myself. I'm not sure why this is. We still have to eat, we never mind eating leftovers, and I don't cater to Kat's tastes when Shane's home. So why am I cooking less and different food, instead of the same food less often, is a mystery to me.
- I enjoy mowing, but I hate weed eating. Ok, that's not a discovery, but it is a reminder. I've never met a weed eater that didn't give me fits, and I'm seriously thinking about hiring out that part of our lawn care. Oh, you know I won't, but I can dream, can't I?
- Skyping is much better for us than phoning. Our convos are definitely of better quality than they were over the phone, and he and Kat love being able to see each other! He even Skyped with each of our three cats for a minute or two. The cats aren't nearly as impressed with it as we are.
- Kat's a little better behaved when it's just me around. Actually, she's better behaved when it's just me or just Shane around. It's when we're both home that she gets a little wild. We've suspected this for a long time, but his extended absence has more or less proven it to us. I wonder why. Do you think it's a jealousy issue? A consistency issue?
- We have a king size bed, and making it in the morning takes about 3.68 seconds while he's gone. I just have to pull up the bedding on my side, smooth it a little, and I'm done. I essentially pass out until morning when he's gone. When he's home, we both seem to toss and turn through the night and the bed usually has to be completely remade each morning. I'll admit it. I really like this part of him being gone.