Thursday, March 24, 2011

Your Opinions, Please

I'd like some reader input, please.  I'm curious how you feel about some of the topics I write about here on the blog.  What do you enjoy most?  What can you take or leave?  What bores you to tears?  What am I not posting about that you would like to see  (note to SonyaAnn...keep it clean)?

Below is a list of some topics to help you get started.  The first two items, like them or not, are probably here to stay.  Why?  Well, because they help me out later when I'm planning menus and making grocery lists.  The rest are open to your comments and suggestions, though. 

  • Weekly Menu Retrospective
  • What I Bought (monthly grocery recap)
  • Monday Morning Chit Chat
  • Recipe posts
  • Posts about home improvement
  • Posts about gardening
  • Posts about us (me, Kat, Shane and our daily lives)
  • Posts about pets
  • Posts about our personal finances
  • Posts about housekeeping
  • Posts about books I'm reading
  • Posts about crafts/skills (soap making, crocheting, etc.)
  • Posts about good deals I find (I don't do the drug stores or much coupon, so I'm talking about other sales, thrift store finds, garage sale bargains, etc.)
  • Kitchen and household tips
  • Frugal/money saving tips
  • Product reviews
  • Giveaways
I'm open to suggestions.  Or, in other words, I might be a little bored with my own blog.  Comment away.

8 comments:

Mark said...

I love to hear the daily lives of people. I'm nosey that way! m.

Dr. Alice said...

For simplicity's sake I will list by number: I like 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 9, 12, 13, 14, 15. I love recipe/cooking ideas, frugality ideas, and personal stories (oh, and pets!) Just stuff that happens to you or that you've noticed. I am not really a gardener or home improver so I tend to skip over those topics.

Melynda@Scratch Made Food! said...

I am all about the food, so I really like the Weekly Menu Retrospective, especially when you have a recipe link. No matter what you write, it is really about coming for a "visit", so if you are getting a bit bored, do what you would like, in the way of change or changing around.

Frances said...

I love reading everything you write about. I have not been keeping up as much, but I do read all your posts everytime I get a chance.

Sonya Ann said...

I'm with Mark. I'm nosey.
And I get like that too. I don't want to make everyone miserable with what I write. But in the end, I love to read about real life. It may not be the most exciting thing but its a part of you and your world and that makes me feel connected to you. Yes and cleaning works for me oh and before and after pics. You never did post what happened with the screen room you are adding. Just a reminder. So do you curse me when you are taking pictures?

The Cookbook Junkie said...

Honestly, nothing here bores me. I might not be a gardener but someday I may be, who knows. If that's all you talked about it would get boring but you mix things up pretty well. The general focus on frugalness and staying debt-free is inspiring.

Jill said...

I enjoy all the topics. :-) I like lots of pictures too as you can probablly tell from my blog, lol.

Have a great weekend!

Blessings
Jill

McVal said...

Dang... no dirty stuff? hmmm.
The things I am most interested in... besides just me being nosey...
menus impress me. Monday chit chat, recipes for sure! home improvement and gardening you bet! Ok.. just about everything.
It's like talking to my neighbor. Just about everything comes up and I'm ok with that.
If you're desperate for something else to blog about... Tell us about when you were a bad kid. My kids LOVE those stories... It validates them.