Sunday, March 6, 2011

Weekly Menu Retrospective - 2/27 to 3/5

I'm a menu planner, but when I've tried to post my weekly menus here in the past, they weren't accurate because I often change things at the last minute. On the other hand, I really like being able to look back to see what we've eaten, what we loved, what we disliked, and most of all being able to link to the recipes on my menus that have come from other blogs. That's why I prefer to post my weekly menus after the fact.


**********

Sunday, February 27 - Biscuit and Gravy Casserole, Scrambled Eggs, Grapes, Leftover Broccoli, Leftover Corn

Easy, filling breakfast meal for supper.

Monday, February 28
- Garlic Roasted Chicken Breasts, Sweet Macaroni Salad, Baked Beans, Green Beans


I cut slits into bone-in, skin-on chicken breast halves, the pushed slivers of garlic into them before baking them.  I accidentally doubled up on on one, and left the garlic out of another.  Unfortunately for me, I got the one without garlic. :(

Tuesday, March 1 - Jimmy John's deli sandwiches, delivered.

Time got away from us, so Shane suggested we get delivery sandwiches.  Who am I to argue?


Wednesday, March 2 - Pan-fried Pork Chops, Stuffing (from a mix), Sweet Macaroni Salad, Steamed Cauliflower, Leftover Veggies

This was a good meal, even if it was a little on the starchy side.


Thursday, March 3
- Pork Lo Mein (loosely based on this recipe), Crab Rangoon, Egg Drop Soup, Steamed Cauliflower, Leftover Veggies, Store-bought Fortune Cookies

This was the meal of the week!  I goofed up on the soup, thickening it before I added the egg, so it came out looking funny, almost like cream of chicken soup...but it's probably the best batch I've ever made.  The pork lo mein was great and even the fortune cookies were flavorful instead of tasting like styrofoam like the sometimes do.

Friday, March 4 - Leftovers from previous this week.

We had enough leftovers to easily make a meal for us, although we didn't all eat the same things.



Saturday, February 26 - Leftovers

Shane worked 10 hours out of town, plus a 2-hour commute each way today.  He and his foreman stopped to grab a burger on the way home, and I ate the rest of the leftovers from earlier in the week.

2 comments:

McVal said...

Wow! You had a good cooking week! I love the variety of your recipes. And that Chinese dinner looked fab! Printing off that sweet mac salad now.

amycaseycooks said...

My week goes much more smoothly when I have a dinner menu plan and do the shopping ahead of time. I will be borrowing a few of you menu ideas. Have a great week.