Sunday, January 30, 2011

Weekly Menu Retrospective - 1/23 to 1/29

I'm a menu planner, but when I've tried to post my weekly menus here in the past, they weren't accurate because I often change things at the last minute. On the other hand, I really like being able to look back to see what we've eaten, what we loved, what we disliked, and most of all being able to link to the recipes on my menus that have come from other blogs. That's why I prefer to post my weekly menus after the fact.

**********


Shane was working out of town again this week, but instead of scrounging for odds and ends for Kat and myself like I did last weekend, I cooked a goodly amount of chicken (using lots meaty bones I'd saved from filleting bone-in chicken breasts for previous meals).  I used it throughout the week in different ways.  As you can see, the 1.5 pounds of Brussels I cooked the Friday before went a long way, too, when it was only me eating most of them.


Sunday, January 23 - Chicken Fried Steak (venison cubed steaks), Mashed Potatoes, Cream Gravy, Green Beans, Roasted Brussels Sprouts.

I used the same deep frying method for these steaks that I use for everything else, and they turned out tasting really good.


Monday, January 24 - Chicken and Dumplings, Green Beans, Brussels Sprouts, Salad, HM Rolls.


This was a good meal, but the dumplings were a little less fluffy than I would have liked.


Tuesday, January 25
- Leftovers of Monday's meal.

Instead of salad, we had kiwi fruit this time.


Wednesday, January 26
- Chicken Alfredo Pasta, Salad, Green Beans, Kiwi Fruit

After the dumplings were gone, there was still some gravy left.  I added freshly grated Parmesan, some cream cheese, some garlic and some more chicken, then served it over pasta.


Thursday, January 27 - Chicken Salad Melts, Tater Tots, Salad, Carrot Sticks with Dip

With the last of the cooked chicken, I made chicken salad, then grilled it with some cheese between slices of HM French bread (similar to a tuna melt).


Friday, January 28 - Breaded Pan-Fried Pork Chops, Fried Potatoes, Steamed Asparagus, Raw Carrot Sticks with Dip

Believe it or not, a meal with pork instead of chicken.



Saturday, January 29 - Leftovers of Wednesday's meal, broccoli/cauliflower/carrot mix.

We had breakfast out, a rarity for us, fairly late in the morning.  Later, when hunger struck again, we ate the leftover chicken pasta from Wednesday.  It tasted even better than when I made it on Wednesday.

No comments: