Friday, November 26, 2010

Not So Black Friday

Hope all of you had a nice Thanksgiving yesterday. Ours was nice. We didn't eat until a little after 3:00, which is a couple hours later than our usual holiday meals. Shane's mom and step-dad came, bringing several of the dishes with them. Shane deep-fried the turkey and I made the pumpkin pies and a couple of the side dishes. We ate until we couldn't eat anymore, then Kat, Shane and the in-laws played a game of Monopoly Junior while I took a quick nap. Then we adults played a quick game of Blokus (one of our favorite games). It was a nice, relaxing afternoon.

Today we are on the run. We only have two or three gifts left to buy, so we aren't going to hit the Black Friday sales.  Well, technically I guess we are doing a little (very little) Black Friday shopping since Shane's wants to go to Tandy Leather for some leather crafting supplies that are on sale and I want to stop by Orscheln to check out a home weather station that is in their Black Friday ad. After that we're headed to see Shane's dad and step-mom; not for a meal, but to help them out with a few small repairs around the house and to visit with them for a while.

I'm not sure what the rest of the weekend holds for us.  Shane is talking about going hunting again since there is an extended deer season here this year, but I'm hope to just kick back and relax for a day or two and munch on some turkey leftovers.

7 comments:

Melynda@Scratch Made Food! said...

This year we started alternating Thanksgiving dinner at the different families. That way each of my girls can be hostess. In a way I was not prepared as well because I did not have the whole responsibility, go figure. Enjoy your day.

Sam said...

Glad to hear you all had a great day :) Good luck to Shane if he goes hunting again!

slugmama said...

I've never heard of this Blokus game....will have to look it up and see what that's about.
My game of choice presently is Boggle.
I rule at that....lol

I just got back from Rite-Aid.
The car is filled and I am pooped!
A quick sandwich and it's off to pick-up Noah's friend for a sleepover at our house. They are both band geeks and play electric guitar...I am in for an evening of trumpet, flute, bass and electric guitar.
I had 3 hours sleep last night.
A musical sleepover...What was I thinking?LOLOL

Good luck with deer #3 if he goes!

Annie Jones said...

Melynda: Give it another holiday or two and you'll get used to it. ;)

Sam: Thanks. :)

Sluggy: Boggle...the sound a dyslexic turkey makes.

Frances said...

We had a totally quiet Thanksgiving and no cooking/eating marathon. LOL! Our TDay dinner has been moved to Sunday, so I will be marathon cooking that day.

No Black Friday shopping for me, just a totally relaxing day.

Mayet said...

hi, I hope you were able to relax this wkend!

take care

Lisa B. said...

We went to my mother's as usual. Hubby had to work... :( He works all holidays.

Never heard of Blokus, I'll have to look it up. We like to play mexican train dominoes or skip bo.