I'll be away from my blog tomorrow for my gallbladder surgery. Everyone from my doctor to friends to strangers in the waiting room have said that the surgery isn't a big deal. I'm not worried about the procedure, but I know if I get bored, I'll be trying to get up and back to my usual routines too soon. On the advice of a couple of friends who've "been there, done that, regretted it", I should really try to keep things low-key for at least five days. Here's what I plan to do to keep busy while I'm "down":
- Sleep. Anytime I feel like it. Preferably with cats curled up beside me.
- Watch some old movies on DVR and Netflix...some I've seen, some I've never seen, many that Shane is not interested in seeing.
- Work on the afghan I'm crocheting for my daughter and son-in-law.
- Read. What would recuperation be without a good book or two?
- Blog. After a few days. (Our only computer is a desktop and not in the same room as my recliner and TV.)
- Clean out bookmarks and other computer files that I rarely take time to sort through otherwise.
- Play too many games of Farkle on Facebook.
- Let Shane take care of meals, laundry and Kat. He helps a lot with these anyway, so it shouldn't be much trouble for him.
- Let things go. This will be the hard one for me; we'll see how long it lasts.
See you all in a few days!