Sunday, June 21, 2009

Weekly Menu - June 21 through June 27

Happy Father's Day!

And Happy First Day of Summer! After a stormy beginning to last week, it seems summer is in full swing now. I spent last week staying busy in the garden and yard, taking the family swimming with Shane's sister and nieces, and just keeping up with running the household. This week promises to be even busier.

BTW, if you're local and looking for a nice place to swim, check out the municipal pool in Harrisonville. Their outdoor pool is very nice and is also very affordable compared to some of the other pools (indoor or outdoor) in the area. It has two large slides for the bigger folks and a zero-entry area for the tiny ones.


Sunday, 6/21 - Father's Day! Steak and Shrimp on the Grill, Baked Potatoes

I didn't get a chance to make Pastor Ryan's Shrimp Skewers a week or so ago, so I'll make it today.

Monday, 6/22 - Country-Style Pork Ribs, Roasted Potato Chunks
I may make the ribs my usual way, or I may try them in the Crock Pot. If I do fire up the grill, I'll also cook the potatoes on the grill in a foil packet.

Tuesday, 6/23 - Fried Chicken Thighs and Legs, Mashed Potatoes
As always, I'll be using the Paula Deen recipe for the chicken. I may fry up a few catfish nuggets while I'm at it.

Wednesday, 6/24 - Grilled Burgers, Tater Tots
I have one package of pre-made guacamole in the freezer. I'm thinking of thawing it and spreading some on my burger along with some spicy mayo.
Thursday, 6/25 - Ginger-Ale Meatballs, Steamed Rice
You can find the meatballs recipe here.

Friday, 6/26 - Bacon-Lettuce-Tomato Sandwiches, Tater Tots
Who doesn't love a good BLT? I'm thinking of spreading some guacamole on this sammich, too.

Saturday, 6/27 - ?????
Our plans for Saturday are up in the air. Kat's birthday is July 4th and her same-age cousin's birthday is July 2nd. Making plans for holiday birthdays is harder than you might think. We're trying to coordinate a get together for their birthdays, and it may end up being this Saturday.

1 comment:

Sam said...

I love the Harrisonville Pool! I spent many, many summers there growing up :)