Sunday, February 15, 2009

Weekly Menu - February 15 through 21

I did a good job of sticking to my meal plan last week. That hasn't happened for a while. Here is what I'm planning for this week.


Sunday 2/15 - Out for Pizza Buffet.

Monday 2/16 - Burgers on Buns, French Fries, Corn, Salad

The burgers will be grilled outside if weather permits. Otherwise, I'll probably use the Foreman grill. I plan to make homemade buns.

Tuesday 2/17 - Ginger, Scallion & Garlic Shrimp, Rice, Egg Rolls, Sweet & Sour Sauce

The shrimp recipe is from A Taste of Home Cooking. I'm sure I'll take the easy way out and buy the egg rolls, but I'll make the sweet & sour sauce from scratch (and will try to post my recipe soon).

Wednesday 2/18 - Homemade Chicken Strips, Stuffing, Lemon-Basil Carrots, Peas

I think I'll use the Paula Dean Fried Chicken recipe for the chicken strips, and this Allrecipes recipe for the carrots.

Thursday 2/19 - Clean Out The Refrigerator Night

If there isn't enough for a meal, I'll make homemade chicken noodle soup.

Friday 2/20 - Snack Night: Mexican Spirals, some kind of Rotel Cheese Dip variation, Tortilla Chips, Grapes

The Mexican Spirals recipe can be found at Mennonite Girls Can Cook.

Saturday 2/21 - Steak, Creamy Spicy Potatoes, Green Beans with Carrot Strips

The potato recipe can be found at Full Bellies, Happy Kids. I may end up flipping this meal with Friday, depending on Shane's work schedule.

1 comment:

Lisa B. said...

I love the Menonite Girls Can Cook site. Also love your new layout!