Thursday, July 3, 2008

Sneak Peek

Tomorrow is Kat's birthday. For her 1st birthday, I made a cake decorated with fireworks. For her 2nd birthday (or maybe her 3rd) I made a layer cake that, when it was cut, had a checkerboard pattern inside. For her 3rd birthday (or maybe it was her second), we went out and I didn't make a cake. Last year, for her 4th birthday, I made a Spongebob cake.

Here's a sneak peek at at this year: Sunflower Cupcakes


and Star Cupcakes.


I found the idea in a magazine a couple of years ago and have been hanging on to the clipping as inspiration. There it is on the table in this shot.


I also bought one of these neat-o cupcake stands, but I won't be putting the cakes on it until tomorrow. For now they're on a cookie sheet, safely away from kid and cats.

We having the typical gathering tomorrow: Shane's dad and step mom, his sis and her family, the three of us, and of course, Kat's mom and her boyfriend. We'll be having the classic 4th of July fare: burgers, dogs, baked beans, macaroni salad, chips and dip, cake and some fun little ice cream pouches that *Pixie* wrote about. Later we'll find some fireworks to watch; still scoping out the choices on that.

Hope all of you have a fun and safe Independence Day!

4 comments:

Tug said...

What cute cupcakes!! Now I want one... ;-)

Granny said...

YUM! Totally. Awesome.

Donna said...

Great cupcakes!!! I Love Them!! Beautiful!!hughugs

Holly {ArtistMotherTeacher} said...

Hope it was a blast!