Monday, June 16, 2008

Weekly Menu - 6/15 thru 6/21

We helped Shane's dad and step-mom with a project two evenings last week, and they fed us both nights, so I've rolled the penne pasta meals over to this week.

In a fit of kitchen cleaning, I stumbled up my tortilla press. It's only been used a few times for flour tortillas. They ended up alright, but I could never get them as a thin as I like. I've decided that if my flour tortillas are going to be thick, it's easier (and tastier) to just make flatbread. But before I decide to sell or give away my tortilla press, I'm going to give homemade corn tortillas a try. With less gluten, they should hold their flat shape better. We'll see later this week.


Sunday and Tuesday: Penne Pasta with Marinara Sauce and (for Shane and me) Italian Sausage and Sauteed Veggies, Garlic Toast, Garden Salad, Rhubarb-Pineapple Upside Down Cake.

Monday: KC Strip Steaks w/ Mushroom Gravy (leftover from last week), Cheesy Skin-On Mashed Potatoes (no leftovers, this will be a new batch), Garden Salad, Stir-Fried Kale, Grapes.

Wednesday and Friday: Quiche, Garden Salad, Pickled Beets, Sauteed Beet Greens, Grapes or Apples.

Thursday and Saturday: Pork Tacos (or tostadas) w/ Homemade Tortillas, Taco Toppings (Lettuce, Cheese, Salsa, Sour Cream, etc.) Refried Beans, Hominy or Corn, Tortilla Chips

No comments: