Friday, June 27, 2008

Easy Coleslaw


Here is an easy recipe for coleslaw that I adapted from a Taste of Home's Cooking for Two magazine.

I like this slaw because the dressing doesn't get watery. The addition of horseradish adds a nice zip without being overpowering. I also like that this makes a small amount; I enjoy coleslaw, but a little goes a long way for me.


Easy Coleslaw

2 cups shredded cabbage (I like to shred mine coarsely with a knife)
2 tablespoons shredded carrot (1 small carrot)
1/4 cup Miracle Whip (or mayonnaise)
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
Celery salt or celery seed to taste

Shred cabbage and carrot; combine in a bowl. Mix remaining ingredients in small bowl, then add to cabbage mixture and toss well to coat. Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.

Makes approx. 2 cups.

No comments: