Sunday, April 20, 2008

Triple Layer Cookie Bars


My blogger friend Lisa who lives just down the road a few miles, posted her recipe for Peanut Butter Fingers yesterday. I told her I was amused because I'd made the same recipe recently but hadn't had time to post it. I told her I was going to take the easy way out and post my picture, then link to her recipe.

Now it's Lisa's turn to laugh (at me). Turns out the recipe I made isn't the same at all, because it has a coconut layer. So I guess I'll post the recipe after all. Don't like coconut? Then give Lisa's recipe a try.


Triple Layer Cookie Bars

1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup butter, melted
7 oz. flaked coconut (2/3 cup)
1 (14-oz. can) sweetened condensed milk
2 cups (12 oz.) semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips (milk chocolate in the picture above)
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter

Heat oven to 350°F (325° if using a glass dish).

In small bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs with butter. Press firmly on bottom of 13x9 baking pan. Top evenly with coconut, then pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over coconut. Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned.

In small saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate chips with peanut butter. Spread evenly over coconut layer.

Cool 30 minutes, then chill until firm. Cut into bars of desired size. Store loosely covered at room temperature.

3 comments:

Lisa B. said...

Nope, my family doesnt do coconut! We all love these and your family will too, with or without the coconut, they are easy and yummmmy!

Annie I'm going to link mine back to yours so everyone will have both recipes.

Donna said...

Oh Girl these look tasty!!! Look at that Chocolate!!LOL...Have a wonderful night sweetie!!hughugs

Annie Jones said...

Lisa: I have lots of graham crumbs, but no coconut left, so I'll probably try your recipe soon.

Donna: I waiver a bit on peanut butter treats, but these I did like.