Friday, April 11, 2008

Eggs Benedict: Success!


I'm not usually intimidated by a recipe, but I have to admit, I was a bit concerned how dinner would turn out yesterday. Until then, I had never made Eggs Benedict. In fact, I'd never poached an egg or made Hollandaise sauce, either.

I needn't have worried. Everything came out great and we all enjoyed the dish, which we served with asparagus and chunky hash brown potatoes.

Rather than transcribe the recipe, I'll just send you to the one I used. The tips that follow the recipe are very helpful. Making the Hollandaise sauce in the blender was a breeze, and adding white wine to the poaching water instead of vinegar was a nice idea. I poached only 4 eggs instead of 8, but made a full recipe of Hollandaise sauce so that I could spoon some over the asparagus.

I won't make this dish often, but I'm sure it will come up on our menu from time to time. I think it would be great for an Easter (or anytime) brunch.

4 comments:

Lisa B. said...

It always looks so good, but I havent been able to acquire a taste for poached eggs.

Looks like you kicked it good though.

Annie Jones said...

I think that's what the sauce if for. LOL!

Donna said...

Goodness this looks wonderful...AS usual!!!LOL...wished I lived closer!!!hughugs

The Absent Minded Housewife said...

I bow to your hollandaise...

So, when do I come over?