Saturday, April 19, 2008

1 Chicken, 3 Meals: Grilled Stuffed Chicken Caesar Wraps


This is the second recipe in my "1 Chicken, 3 Meals" series.

I think Taco Bell makes something like this. Although I haven't tried theirs, I did Google their ingredient list to get an idea what I wanted to put in the wraps.

The wraps are simple to make, especially if you use bagged, pre-washed salad. I used Hidden Valley Caesar dressing because I generally prefer creamy salad dressings. But it was missing "something", so next time, I'm going to try a more traditional Caesar dressing.


Grilled Stuffed Chicken Caesar Wraps

1 bag pre-washed Romaine lettuce or Caesar salad blend
1-2 cups diced or shredded cooked chicken
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 Roma tomatoes, diced
8 ounces bottled Caesar salad dressing
1/2 cup coarsely crushed tortilla chips
8 burrito-sized flour tortillas

Combine lettuce, chicken, cheeses, tomatoes and salad dressing. Toss to coat well.

Heat a large non-skillet over medium-high heat (do not use pan spray)

Spoon about 1/2 cup of mixture onto center of flour tortilla. Sprinkle with some of the crushed tortilla chips.

Fold sides of tortilla in, then fold in thirds, making a flattened burrito shape.


Place 1 or 2 folded wraps in hot skillet. Press down using bacon press or bottom of small clean skillet. Heat until tortilla is just toasted on bottom. Flip wraps and toast other side.

Remove from pan, cut in half on the diagonal and serve immediately.

Makes 8 wraps.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Those look really good. Thanks for sharing.

Jenn @ Frugal Upstate said...

Thanks so much for linking to this for the "Frugal Food Series: Chicken". They look really good!

vicvic said...

Yum. We love chicken caesar, so I'll have to try this, though I might use croutons instead of tortilla chips. Thank you!