Thursday, February 21, 2008

Productive Day Off

Roads were treacherous here today because of freezing rain and sleet. I care about my job, but when the news reported dozens of accidents and long, long delays even before 6:30 a.m., I decided I was better off staying home. Shane stayed home, too, since there was nothing his crew could do on an outdoor job site.

We spent the day working around the house. Shane did some cleanup in the garage, which is a never ending project. I'm not sure why it was built this way in 1960, but for some reason, the garage is too small for either of our vehicles, so it's become a catchall space for all kinds of stuff (most of it his).

I took most of the morning to clean and organize the pantry, cabinets, fridges (we have two) and deep freeze. I took inventory of our food and made out a meal plan for March, using as much of what we have on hand as possible.

After lunch, I cleaned out my dresser drawers, cleaned the top of my dresser, and checked for stray items under our bed. I did some filing in our office/computer room and then went to the basement and cleaned the laundry area and cabinets where I keep some cleaning supplies. I also calculated our state tax returns (we have to file in two states because Shane works in two states over the course of a year).

We worked in a couple of board games with Kat, and she spent a lot of the day coloring, cutting, playing with Legos and building a tent with blankets.

All in all, it was a great day off, and despite sounding busy, it was actually relaxing. The only thing I didn't get to that I wanted to was to make this. Maybe I'll get to it this weekend.

1 comment:

Donna said...

Sounds like you had a wonderfully productive day!! Sounds like heaven to just stay home!!! Stay warm sweetie!