Monday, January 28, 2008

Chicken Breasts Diane


I've been carrying this recipe around in my card file for years, and I have no idea where I originally found it. But had I known it was going to be this delicious, I would have tried it a long time ago.

Although there are several ingredients, it goes together quickly and easily. I served the chicken on a bed of noodles and drizzled the extra sauce over the top.


Chicken Breasts Diane

4 large boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1/2 - 1 teaspoon salt
1/2 - 1 teaspoon pepper
3 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
3 Tablespoons butter, divided
3 Tablespoons chopped green onion
Juice of half a lime (or lemon)
4 ounces (4 Tablespoons) brandy (could use apple juice)
3 Tablespoons chopped parsley
1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard (I used just a tad more)
1/2 cup chicken broth

Cut each chicken breast half in half, making 8 pieces total. Pound chicken between sheets of waxed paper or plastic wrap until even thickness, about 3/8" thick. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper on both sides.

Heat 1 Tablespoon each of olive oil and butter in large skillet. Cook 4 chicken pieces over high heat for four minutes on each side. Do not cook longer. Transfer to a warm serving platter. Add another 1 Tablespoon each of olive oil and butter to skillet, then cook the remaining 4 pieces of chicken.

Add green onion, lime juice, brandy, parsley and mustard to pan. Cook for 15-30 seconds, whisking constantly. Whisk in chicken broth until sauce is smooth. Whisk in remaining 1 Tablespoon each of olive and butter. Pour sauce over chicken and serve immediately.

Makes 6-8 servings.

3 comments:

The Absent Minded Housewife said...

I use a similar blend of seasonings for chicken which I serve on top of fettucine alfredo. Good stuff.

Donna said...

Why do you keep doing this???LOLOL
My LORD, I can almost taste it!!LOLOL........ahhhhhhh

Jenn @ Frugal Upstate said...

Thanks so much for linking to this for the "Frugal Food Series: Chicken".